Meadow Browns can be seen flying between late May and September. This year  they emerged 2-3 weeks later than normal, probably because of the unseasonal wet and colder weather for this time of year.
Open winged male Meadow Brown.
Meadow Brown male showing the undersides of it's wings.
Both photographs were taken at Oaken Wood, Surrey B.C. Butterfly reserve.
- ► 2017 (61)
- Marbled White, male
- Large Skipper male on Foxglove
- Phaonia Rufiventris
- Meadow Brown, male
- Early-mining Bee
- Common-spotted Orchid
- White-tailed Bumblebee, i need to...
- Tree Bumblebee
- Brimstone, a males attempt at courting a female.
- Small Tortoiseshell, pupated in leaf tent
- Speckled Wood, ovipositing
- Drab Looper Moth
- ▼ June (12)