Marbled Whites fly between the middle of june and the middle of August, and are found mainly in the central counties, South, South-east, South-west of England and a small part of Wales.
Male Marbled White on Foxglove.
A closer view...
And another closer view...
All photographs were taken at Oaken Wood, Surrey B.C. butterfly reserve.
- ► 2017 (65)
- Marbled White, male
- Large Skipper male on Foxglove
- Phaonia Rufiventris
- Meadow Brown, male
- Early-mining Bee
- Common-spotted Orchid
- White-tailed Bumblebee, i need to...
- Tree Bumblebee
- Brimstone, a males attempt at courting a female.
- Small Tortoiseshell, pupated in leaf tent
- Speckled Wood, ovipositing
- Drab Looper Moth
- ▼ June (12)